- Many years of experience in solving design and marketing problems for a variety of clients.
- Hands-on experience in magazine publishing, website design, marketing, publication design, collateral, and branding.
- Expert knowledge of design software and tools including the Adobe CS suite, Microsoft Office products, HTML, CSS and WordPress.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage my own time, and prioritize tasks while staying on schedule.
- Ability to function both individually and as part of a team, while remaining cheerful, adaptable, and focused on the end result.
Senior Graphics Manager: 2007 to Present, Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN), Washington, DC
- Responsible for designing and producing a variety of graphics products and services, including direct mail pieces, ads, event programs and signage, presentation decks, books, brochures, etc.
- Assist the Social Media Manager in updating and maintaining various websites and social media campaigns. Design and build microsites using CSS, HTML, and WordPress.
- Ensure that AWHONN’s branding standards are upheld in all print and electronic communications throughout the organization.
- Work as part of a multi-departmental team to develop, design, and produce electronic, web-based and print products. This includes managing the purchase of stock photography, commissioning illustrations and artwork, and working with print vendors to produce quality work while staying within budget.
Graphic Designer: August 2003 to 2006, Graphcom, Inc., Gettysburg, PA
- Lead designer for the Suburban Hospital account. Responsibilities included interacting with the Public Relations, Foundation and Community Outreach offices at Suburban; designing flyers, posters, mailers, promotional pieces, brochures, regular newsletters and internal communications.
- Produced a variety of design work including catalogs, brochures, and magazines for other clients including: Adam’s County Nursery, Gettysburg Hospital and Gettysburg College.
Advertising Coordinator/Designer: September 2002 – December 2002, Hot off the Press, Canby, OR
- Responsible for coordinating the magazine ad insertion schedule (including negotiating pricing and schedules), and sending the files to the publications.
- Designed and produced ads (trade and consumer publications), newsletters, and catalogs.
Web Designer: December 1999 – March 2001, The Education Center, Greensboro, NC
- Responsible for creating content, designs, and updates for the website.
- Participated in the team that launched a dynamic content site. (launch date: Oct. 26, 2000) Contributions included redesigning the site’s architecture to include a store and a subscriber-only area.
Graphic Designer: July 1993 – December 1999, The Education Center, Greensboro, NC
- Responsible for designing new products and packaging, illustrating books, posters, and games, and overseeing projects from production through prepress.
- Managed several book series from concept through production, directing a team of artists (generally 5 to 8).
- Assisted the traffic manager by scheduling a 14-member art staff and coordinating the flow of work for the department, as needed.
Typesetter/Paste-up Artist: April 1993 to July 1993, Harmon Publishing, Greensboro, NC
- Typeset and layout real estate publications in a high volume production environment.
- Assist with proofreading work, as needed.
Freelance work for companies including:
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Institute for Perinatal Quality Improvement
- Outlander Travel
- The Education Center, Inc.
Columbus College of Art and Design, Columbus, OH
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Graduated July, 1992 – Cum Laude, GPA: 3.65
AIGA Blue Ridge – Board Member
President of Blue Ridge Chapter, beginning July, 2017.
ASAE Member: 2016-Present